Yeah baby day eight!
Well maybe that has something to do with the fact I’ve been too busy to even breathe at some points, and I’ve been dogged down with this nasty cold, but that’s okay? just 82 days to go until, according to the experts, I’ll have formed a habit.
One day as the crowds were gathering, Jesus went up the mountainside with his disciples and sat down to teach them.
This is what he taught them:
“God blesses those who realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is given to them. God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted. God blesses those who are gentle and lowly, for the whole earth will belong to them. God blesses those who are hungry and thirsty for justice, for they will receive it in full. God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy. God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God. God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God. God blesses those who are persecuted because they live for God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
“God blesses you when you are mocked and persecuted and lied about because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted, too.
So, I’ve been thinking a lot about how attitude can affect just about everything. The other night I was in a meeting, and I just had no motivation to do anything, homework, help plan, eat, sleep, be nice, I was just exhausted. So, I prayed for my attitude to change, I prayed that the Holy Spirit just remind me of the amazing things God does for me. I need to sacrifice my self, because this is an unjust world, but God is not, God is Just, and his kingdom will reign forever.
-= prayers =-
– Be motivated at work, remember to follow through on things and to be a servant
– Financial support for Poland
– Have the time to get support letters out to people
– That each of my friends truly look to God for everything, and sacrifice themselves to be his servant
– For my friends who are in relationships seek God first, and his will and calling, that they realize the things which do not honor God, and do not honor the other person in the relationship
– Leadership for CRU next year at Cascadia
– That I can be a truly different person who lives for God and shows it in everything I do, that I don’t fall into a pattern
– That I can truly be there for people and serve them, and that God uses me to better his Kingdom
– That I have absolutely amazing friends who are searching after God
– I live in the United States, everyday I realize this is a huge blessing, even our poor and homeless have opportunities, that other nations do not
– Times of worship where I can feel God’s spirit in mine
– For all the people God has put in my life, every single person who does anything with me